Monday, December 20, 2004

Episode Three- Return of the Mare

Sometimes, it's the little things that uplift us the most. And for those of you who have followed the Good Desk saga so far, there is now a new installment to resolve this exciting trilogy.

To recap- in Episode One, A New Hope, I revealed how the prospect of improved office seating hung in the balance. But I resolved to let go, to use the Force, and to let the universe guide my steps. Oh, and to basically display a total lack of assertiveness in getting what I wanted.

Insert John Williamsesque soundtrack musak here.

Things then took a dark turn in Episode Two, The Empire Strikes Back as the forces of an evil bureaucracy finally defeated my claim. Frozen in carbonite, I returned to my veal crate to sulk, and shrivel due to lack of natural lighting.

Insert gloomy John Williamsesque soundtrack muzak here.

Then, out of the blue, an announcement of yet another office reshuffle. The desk's occupant was slated for a move to a different department. So, through disciplined Jedi mind control, (and by bribing the secretary with chocolate), I made my move. The Good Desk is now officially mine. I shifted all my files today, and transferred my phone line. My plants are so much happier. I am so much happier.

Insert triumphant John Williamsesque soundtrack muszak here.

But nobody stays at the Good Desk for long. Which must mean that surely I must be about to get pregnant and go on maternity leave?

5 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Oooh yay! Congrats on the move!

Who knew I'd get so excited about someone else getting a good desk?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Yay! *sniff* I am so proud of you!

The GOOD desk!

Maternity leave is RIGHT around the corner, I can feel it!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long have I been waiting for you to get the good desk?
Congratulations over good triumphing over evil, and may more good things come : )
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger E. said...

Excellent! If, as we expect, the good desk gets you pregnant, make sure not to tell the fertiles. I hear they're just looking for a new meme to accompany "just relax" and "take a vacation." I can hear it now: "oh, what are you worried about? Just get the good desk at work!"

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 'good' desk...nothing but 'good' for you from here on out!

xxoo,
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home