Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Basement stealth post

As I have explained, I have a new laptop, and therefore some control over the posting situation, especially in terms of not accidentally leaving telltale traces back to my blog URL. This does not however assist with the lack of privacy or need to account for one's activity at all times. Our visits tend to be spent superglued into each other's company, extracting every bit of familial goodness out of the event.

However, I have managed to set up camp in a corner of the basement where I can steal away for short intervals. So the blogging method for the next week or so is going to be a little different- bite sized chunks o'Mare, with less content but more frequency. That's the theory, anyway.

For today's segment, can I join the rest of the internet in wishing the lovely Julie a hearty congrats on the birth of wee Bat. I sincerely hope all goes well there.

Also, I discovered today that my mother and I do not share similar attitudes to HPTs. I casually mentioned to her as we cleared up the dinner dishes that I would know in the next day or two if I am pregnant. Whereupon she practically frothed at the mouth, demanding that I pee on something THIS INSTANT.

I didn't actually bring any peesticks with me, since I am pretty sure I am not pregnant, but she was undeterred. So we may be making a run to the drugstore tomorrow- I may not be about the instant gratification in terms of knowing the result. But we are dealing with my mother here. And who am I to deprive her of a vicarious thrill. Or you know, not, when it comes up negative.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home