Saturday, August 14, 2004

Impotent

For once, a post title not related to infertility, but to the way I feel, sitting at the computer, looking at the radar. Watching the chaotic swirl of the eye of the hurricane, passing over the heads of my mother and father. Knowing there is absolutely nothing I can do, except yearn for their safety.

Hang on, Florida. Hang on.

UPDATE:

They are OK, and were given the go-ahead to return home. The worst of it missed them by a hair. We are very relieved, and very grateful that it has turned out all right, but I think they are unnnerved and saddened by terrible devastation which has occurred elsewhere. Thank you for all your kind messages. I had a very sleepless night-it was odd to be so taken up with fretting about something other than my fertility woes!

6 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

We're all thinking about Florida, watching with a lump in our throat. I am so sorry you are worried for your parents. Sending all my prayers to you and your family.

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mare - hope your parents are OK.
Have you been able to speak to them?

Menita

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

What an awful thing to have to do--sit and wait. I am fervently hoping that your parents are not in harm's way.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping that your parents are out of harms way.

Nina

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a relief!!! Thanks for the update.
Menita

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

phew, that is great news that they are okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home