Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Ice breaker

I'm having one of those weeks where everything feels like a huge effort. Getting out of bed, getting dressed, going to work, making a cup of coffee, answering the telephone, stringing a sentence together. My body and spirit feel as if I am halfway through a polar trek across Antarctica without a dog team- just me, a big backpack full of freeze dried rations, and miles and miles of glacial sea.

I strongly suspect that one reason for this is that in addition to all the infertility crap, work is not exactly a barrel of laughs at the moment. It looks to get worse before it gets better. Depending on a number of decisions taken by others (over which I have absolutely no control), it may then get even worse. I find that thought so dispiriting I cannot even begin to contemplate it.

So I dragged my ass home today across the pack ice, trying to remember when the last time I really laughed (other than at the wry wit of my infertility sisters). Then I remembered something I read on the internet awhile back that, at the time, was one of the funniest things I had ever come across. I went searching for it again. And it's still, even in my present frostbitten state of mind, hilarious. Particularly if you like cats. Or don't like cats.

I imagine there are a few of us who could do with a chuckle, so I thought I would share it with you. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger E. said...

You have such a way with metaphors. Ugh -- how awful to feel this way -- I'm thinking of you.

And thanks for the belly-laugh:

"Good God. Where did you find this animal, anyway?"

"I'd rather not say."

Beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home