Sunday, July 11, 2004

Disconnected

Disaster.

For no apparent reason, my home internet connection has up and died. Why why o why? An outage, perhaps? Gremlins in my computer? I am sitting in the local internet cafe, looking over my shoulder to make sure I don't bump into anybody I know, and looking for an answer. It's been down all weekend, and the server tech support is closed. Their web site indicates there is nothing wrong. All systems appear to be go on the computer, all the lights flashing as they should be, all the settings announcing "connected". But I am not.

This makes me intensely irritable. More so than I usually I am. It also makes me realise how dependent I have become on the blogosphere for my sanity right now. And how desperately alone I feel without it.

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Soper said...

I'm right there with you. The spacebar on my computer died on me yesterday, forcing me to send emails out using the tab key (example: hey got your message, will forward it to dad; call me later ....)
It was almost like sending a telegram, I had to surpress the urge to put "stop" at the end of each sentence. Even worse, I couldn't blog, which gave me a twitch and made me feel like RainMan (it's time for Wapner, definitely time for Wapner)....
Sad thing is, it was cheaper to buy a new keyboard (10 bucks) than to have the existing one repaired. tut tut tut....

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Anxiously awaiting your connection to be repaired!!!

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know what the hell I'd do if my Internet connection went down. Well, I do know. I go insane. It was bad enough being away from computers for two days--what did we do without them?????

Karen-Naked Ovary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home