Friday, September 10, 2004

Semper ubi sub ubi

It may be quiet here at the Barn for the next couple days, as I will be away at the wedding this weekend.

I am reminded, as always, in reading all your lovely comments about my boredom how many warm, big-hearted women are out there, including that cheeky monkey Soper, albeit for her impertinence, I must gently hurl a chunk of haggis at her snottery head. She has a cold, so maybe ducking will help loosen the phlegm.

In return for your kindness, I may, upon my return, share with you an insight into that age old question. Namely, what does a Scotsman wear under his kilt? Of course, I already know the answer, but want to make sure on behalf of my readers that my knowledge is up-to-date and completely accurate. Perfect timing, as many men wear kilts as formal wear, for example, at a wedding. And E. will be donning his on Saturday.

This will give me an opportunity to conduct all the necessary investigations- strictly in the name of research, you understand. I'll let you know what I find out.

6 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Hey, YOU'RE a cheeky monkey. Just for that, I am Dogbert and you are Dilbert today:

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20040910.html

pbbth!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought about buying my Scottish-American husband a kilt, just so I could do my own research, because I've always wanted to know the answer to that question ;)

Have fun at the wedding.

Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I am the Cheeky Monkey--my email is "czikimonkey," and you pronounce it "cheeky monkey." So there.

Second of all, I love the word "snotterly." LOVE IT. In fact, I might embroider it on a napkin and frame it for my wall.

Karen/Naked Ovary IE The REAL cheeky monkey

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOH! You tart, you! Pictures, yes, pictures.
JenH (thevintageuterus)

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're at it, could you find out what the function of that little bag-thingy they wear over their...bits is?
One suspects, but would like to have confirmation.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Mare said...

Menita-

It's called a "sporran", which I think is Gaelic for "purse" or "pouch". They are motsly decorative, and don't hold much, just a bit of room for gubbins like chewing gum, spare change, condoms (not that we have any need for THOSE in this house!)

Mare x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home